This may be the best banana bread recipe ever. This loaf never lasts more than 2 hours in my house. Perfect crunch on the outside + super moist + fluffy on the inside — 100% the most addictive banana bread. Thank you to Sharang for asking for the recipe, pushing me to write this post that I have been meaning to write all quarantine 2020. Since I don’t love long and chatty recipe posts, here is what ya need + how you make it ::
WHAT YA NEED
- 3-4 extra ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup of THESE WALNUTS **
- teaspoon coconut oil
**my secret ingredient. ..totally can use regular walnuts too though. these walnuts taste like banana bread on their own && I can eat a whole bag in one sitting. these are an amazing alternative to banana bread all together if you want to be ~*healthy*~
HOW YOU MAKE IT
I mess up these steps basically every time I make it, and it turns out great so if you mixed the sugar with the flour accidentally that’s fine.
- Preheat oven 325.
- Heat up the coconut oil a bit to coat your bread loaf pan. Lightly flour over the coconut oil.
- Mash bananas well + add fresh lemon juice.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg + walnuts.
- In another bowl, whip the butter + sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat eggs into the butter + sugar.
- Next, add the banana mash + vanilla extract + oat milk!
- Lastly, add the wet to the dry mixture or the dry to the wet. whatever.
- Pour into your prepared loaf pan + sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 1 hour + 10 min. I always check at 1 hour with a skewer stick.
- Cut the loaf in half and hide it from your family.
Number 11 is just my recommendation.
Tag me @laynabayna + @canttalk_eating if you try it!! Now I’m just going to wait another 3 days so my banana can turn extra ripe.
if you’d like to watch the banana bread hot mess cooking show special ::